2016!! Another year is already here and it’s that time again to start up those New Year’s Resolutions. I like to look at this more as goals for the year. I came up with a list of a few goals I would like to accomplish or keep up with this year!
- Keep up with the Life Of an Island City Girl. My blog needs a little more attention. Sometimes it’s laziness sometimes I’m just busy, but all excuses aside, my goal is to post more frequently possibly once or twice a week.
- Be a better photographer. I would like to go out more and shoot. I usually shoot with my NIKON 1 camera, but I would like to get more into DSLR cameras. My dad is a sports photographer, so I am lucky to have so many resources available to me. I also would love to take an online class. It’s time to get more creative!
- Dear H&M, It’s time for me to get promoted! 2016 marks my second year with the company. I’ve been working extremely hard and I know I am ready to take my next steps with the company. I will be working extra hard in 2016 to get there.
- A little more physical fitness. I have been slacking big time. This doesn’t have to only include gym time, but also more hiking, swimming adventuring etc!
- Run a marathon! Or at least a half.. or maybe quarter. It’s been years since I’ve run more than 5 miles. Back in middle and high school I ran track and cross country, but ever since college, running has been put on the back burner. Last year when I was in San Francisco during the time of the Nike Women’s Half Marathon. The excitement flooded Union Square with all of the participants. I thought to myself, how cool would it be to be a part of this! I looked up the course online and it looks like an amazing run going through the streets of San Francisco, through Golden Gate Park and alongside the famous Golden Gate Bridge. How cool would it be to say I did that!
- Travel. Every year of my twenties will have this on my list. My first trip of 2016 will be to THAILAND!
- Become a certified scuba diver. I haven’t been scuba diving since I was about 10 years old, but the more and more I plan out my travels, underwater exploring is a must.
HERE WE GO 2016! I’M READY.